9. Print the submission receipt that Turn-It-In gives you. ••••If you already left Turn-It-In, you can print the copy of the receipt that they sent to your gmail account.
10. Show your two letters AND the Turn-It-In receipt to Mr. Cushing, and...
11. ... get your envelope with the real names pre-printed on the back.
12. Write your name, date, and class period at the top left of ONE copy of your letter. Set aside this ••••copy for a moment.
••••Make sure that you still have your Tracking Chart open in a window on your computer..
13. Write a returnaddress on the top left corner of your envelope front. ••••• See the example in the illustration below. ••••• The return address includes ... ••••••••(a) ... yourfake name. ••••••••(b) ... where you are mailing your letter FROM; i.e. where you are in this letter. ••••••••••••••••Not your hometown! Not your location in Letter #3! Where you are now. ••••••••(c) ... a made up street address. ••••••••••••••••examples: "18 Oak Ave.", "#6 Main St."; "121 Harvard Ave." ••••••••••••••••No numbers over three digits!
14. Now that you've composed your return address, go back to your Info. Tracker, and complete Table 5.
15. Write a mailingaddress in the center of your envelope front. ••••• See the example in the illustration below. ••••• The mailing address should match the info you wrote in Table 4 of the Info. Tracker.
18. Draw a color stamp on your envelope. ••••• See the example in the illustration below. ••••• The stamp must be ... •••••••... drawn in full COLOR •••••••... historically accurate; no ninjas, flying saucers, tater tots, blue llamas etc. ••••••••••Just do something simple like a U.S. flag, a nature scene, George Washington, a sailing ship, etc.
19. Take the second copy of your letter — the copy that does NOT have a heading on it -- and fold it into ••••THIRDS, and place the letter in the envelope. * see below ••••If your letter is multiple pages, do NOT staple the pages that go in the envelope.
20. Fully seal the envelope along the entire gummed adhesive strip.
21. If your loose letter is more than one page, staple the pages together.
22. Give your your loose letter, and your sealed letter to Mr. Cushing.
23. Recycle your copy of your DA #5 Letter Outline. ••••(see picture at the right) ---------------------->